Tkach Metal Forming Consultants is committed to ensuring a bright future for the metal forming industry in North America by inspiring and supporting the next generation of students and young professionals. Suzanne regularly makes leadership gifts to support research and development through scholarship opportunities and serves as a mentor.
She also is an advocate for the forging industry and meets with members of Congress annually during the Forging Industry Association Lobby Days in Washington DC to raise awareness of the forging industry’s critical role in our economy and the issues and policies affecting it.
Mechanical Engineering Industrial Advisory Board, Ohio University
Nominated for joint Tau Beta Phi
ASME 2017 Outstanding Woman Engineer Award
• Represent women in heavy manufacturing and forging and provide an international perspective
• Guide curriculum
• Assist in ABET accreditation activities for the program
• Mentor Senior Design Capstone teams
• Graduate IAB
Technical Committee Member, Forging Industry Association (FIA)
- Evaluate Forging Industry Association magnet school research proposals.
- Make support & funding recommendations to the Forging Industry Education & Research Fund (FIERF)
Board of Directors, Forging Industry Association Women’s Scholarship
- Develop and Identify future industry leaders and decision makers.
- $5,000 contributor for up to 2 years for undergraduate or graduate level students.
Member, Forging Defense Manufacturing Consortium Technical Advisory Committee (FDMC-TAC)
- Technical advisor to research projects funded by the Defense Logistics Agency through ATI and the Forging Industry Association FDMC
Lightweight Alloys Technical Committee Member, Forging Industry Association (FIA)
- Facilitate the collaboration of FIA member companies, suppliers, Universities & National laboratories on forging industry projects and technology transfer.
- Assist in the organization of the FIA Technical Conferences
Executive Board Member, Forging Industry Education & Research Fund (FIERF)
2018-2021; President | 2016-2018; Vice President
2018-2019 Technical Committee Chairperson
- Facilitate collaboration between FIA member companies, suppliers, universities, and national laboratories on forging industry projects and technology transfer.
- Assist in the organization of the FIA Technical Conference.
- First female to be granted membership and first female to be elected president of the organization.